Baby Back Ribs on BBQ
Baby Back Ribs with The Gentlemen's Blend rub
- Begin by removing the membrane on the back of the ribs.
- Liberally season both sides of the ribs with Sauc'd Lownslow rub, The Gentlemen's Blend, starting with the bone side. Each packet will coat approximately 2 ribs. Leave to set for 30 minutes. Please view all rubs and blends in our Accessories.
- Prepare your BBQ/Smoker for indirect smoking. Target temperature is between 115°C with thin blue smoke. Place the seasoned ribs in the smoker and close the lid. Leave them to smoke for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove the ribs and place into a Rib Bag. (alternatively, wrap in Foil with butter, brown sugar and honey in a single layer. Make sure your wrap is airtight).
- Return to the BBQ/Smoker and let the ribs cook for 2 hours in the Rib Bag/Foil.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the BBQ/Smoker and place on a large working surface. Open the Rib Bag/ foil package (be careful of hot steam) and use tongs to remove the ribs and place them back on the BBQ/Smoker, bone side down. Discard the Rib Bag/Foil and excess cooking liquid.
- Brush the ribs with your favourite BBQ sauce or finish with a fine layer of rub (for a dry rib).Close the lid of your BBQ/Smoker and cook at 115°C for an additional hour until the ribs are done to your desired tenderness and any sauce is sticky and set.